Something about this recipe.
- 0.5 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise (or any other brand, just get the non-sweetened stuff – no Miracle Whip)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard (or spicy, if you like!)
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 2 count green onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup walnut pieces
- 0.5 cup craisins
- 4 count bacon slices, chopped into bits
- 4 cups raw broccoli (in bite-size pieces)
- Rinse raw broccoli and break into bite-size pieces. Place in large mixing bowl and chill in refrigerator.
- Mix together first four wet ingredients. Add or subtract to get it to the exact taste you’d like. Err on the side of a little more salty / tangy than what you’d like, because the craisins and walnuts will definitely help to even that out later on.
- Break up the craisins (they will be sticky) and mix with the walnut pieces to distribute in a small bowl. Mix in the green onions and bacon.
- Bring the broccoli out, and add the dressing, stirring to incorporate. Next, add the craisins / walnuts / green onions / bacon, and stir to incorporate.
- Let the salad chill either in the freezer for 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. If making in advance, add the dressing the day you plan to serve it.